Eastward Ho!




Follow my adventures as I embark on a journey of a lifetime. I'll be overlanding from London to Darwin for six months, experiencing many countries and cultures along the way. From Australia, I'll continue east around the globe until I end up back at the beginning, just in time for Christmas dinner. That's the plan anyway, whether I stick to that plan is a different story...........

Tuesday 12 April 2011

A trucking we shall go



So it's five days to go 'till the off, and three wonderful weeks since I last went to work.  My shoulders feel like they've had a huge weight lifted off them and I swear my brow has less lines than a month ago, (and no, I haven't succumbed to the botox.) The downside is my waist band is expanding due to lunching/coffee/dinners I've had whilst catching up and saying my goodbyes to family and friends.  My liver is consequently screaming "gimme a break!"

This is the route plan and the countries I'll be visiting with my fellow trucking travellers over the coming months........there'll also be some trains, planes and boats involved to help us along the way, but the majority of the journey, which covers 25 countries and takes us half way around the world, will be on a customised overland truck, and her name is Calypso.




The countries we'll be visiting on our odyssey are France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia (I always forget Slovakia when I am reeling off the names of the countries. sorry Slovakia, I'm sure you're very nice), Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan (with a short visit to Kazakhstan en route,) Kyrgyzstan, China, Tibet, Nepal, India, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia. 27000kms, crikey! 

Got some more packing to do and I believe my backpack has shrunk since I last used it, it was never that small before!  I take more away in a overnight bag, so this is going to be very interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment